Since the first exhibitions of Luis Palmero (Tenerife, 1957) towards the end of the 70s, his work has been marked by a minimalist vocation dedicated to painting, with a great poetic charge and constant reflections on its limits.
Landscape and architecture are the main motivations of his painting. His work is based on a solid geometry -or colorist geometric abstraction- where all his visual language becomes an effort of synthesis and containment. In his paintings he tries to reduce the elements to the minimum necessary gesture or form, as well as restricting the palette of colors, always vivid and saturated. Although he is known for his smooth and flat surfaces, he does not detract from the pictorial charge and texture, always by means of delimited, firm and sure gestures.
His work is present in important spaces such as Museo Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Madrid; IVAM, Instituto Valenciano de Arte Moderno, Valencia; TEA, Tenerife Espacio de las Artes; CAAM, Centro Atlántico de Arte Moderno, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria; Colección Testimonio, La Caixa, Barcelona; Fundación Helga de Alvear, Cáceres; Colección Los Bragales, Cantabria, among others.